Fri, Jun 28|
Machu Picchu, Inca Trail, Rainbow Mountains and More!
Trekking in the Peruvian Andes among beautiful glaciers, high mountain passes, and lush forests. This is a once in a lifetime adventure you won't want to miss!
Time & Location
Jun 28, 2024, 8:00 AM – Jul 07, 2024, 8:00 AM
About the Event
This is an incredible 10-day itinerary that really has it all including a 2-day trek to the Rainbow Mountains for a sunrise to remember. It is both incredibly beautiful and challenging. We will trek to lake Humantay which sits roughly 13,800′ and you have the option of additional hikes at Machu Picchu. These hikes are Machu Picchu Mountain which sits high above the city of Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu Mountain which is a true adrenaline rush for the bravest of us.
5-Day Extended Trip Opportunity!
Ask us about our 5-day Ausangate Trek add-on for a unique very remote high altitude trek off the beaten path. This trek is a perfect compliment to the first 10 days and very challenging in high altitude. You will see more wildlife than people and enjoy fabulous natural hotsprings at a couple camps under starry night skys.
NOW Outdoors has an award winning team in Peru known for eco-friendly, sustainable, leave-no-trace travel. They support the local mountain communities and organize regular charity events in the Cusco region of Peru (donating clothes, medical supplies, medical intervention, building schools and clinics, planting trees, and more).
Cost: $3,400 due Dec 1st, 2023
A non-refundable deposit of $700 can be made to secure your spot.
• Lake Humantay Day Hike (13,780′)
• All transfers to and from airports/hotels, trek
• 8 days of professional guide service with a licensed, professional, English-speaking guide
• 5 nights in a hotel in Cusco (double room)
• 4 nights camping on the Inca Trail and Rainbow Trek in 3-person, 4-season Mountain Hardwear tents (double occupancy)
• Extra thick foam mattress sleeping pads and self-inflating mattresses
• Multi-course meals on the treks including snacks and tea/coffee - meals are made fresh using locally-sourced ingredients (can cater to any dietary requests or needs).
• Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transport to Cusco
• Inca Trail permit
• Personal porters to carry overnight gear
• Dry bags in which to put your overnight gear on the trail (for porters to carry)
• Machu Picchu entrance fee (both time slots AM and PM)
• Trek cook, kitchen and dining tents, tables and stools, stainless steel dishes and utensils
• Boiled and purified water to refill your water bottle/bladder every morning/afternoon/evening
• Hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
• Campsites with toilets (Inca Trail)
• First aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
• Bus ticket down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
• Guided tour of Machu Picchu with plenty of time to explore on your own
• Booking/credit card fees
• International and domestic flights
• Rescue/medical/travel insurance
• Personal gear items (clothing, day pack, etc.)
• Bonus hike permit within the city of Machu Picchu: Wayna Picchu Mtn. or Machu Picchu Mtn. ($50 add-on)
• Additional excursions or tours in Peru outside of the described itinerary (ask us about day hikes, food tours, ATV tours, and more)
• Personal meals and expenses beyond what is included above
• Single supplement (single room, single tent available upon request for a minor upcharge)
• Tips and gratuities for guides, porters, and cooks
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This deposit will count towards your $3200 total cost. Non-refundable after 7 days.$700.00