Sun, Jul 07|
5-Day Ausangate Mountain Trek Peru 2024
This very remote trip is well off the beaten path and tucked away in a well-hidden section of the Vilcanota Mountain range. This includes a 41-mile Ausangate Circuit and climbs from 10,827 ft to over 17,700 ft.
Time & Location
Jul 07, 2024, 8:00 AM – Jul 12, 2024, 8:00 AM
Cusco, Cusco, Peru
About the Event
This beautiful five-day trek starts and finishes at the small Andean village of Tinqui and takes you around Ausangate mountain and over three high passes (two of them over 16,404 ft). We will be hiking in the shadow of Ausangate, the highest mountain in the Cusco Region. This is a truly remote wilderness trek with incredible views of the Peruvian Andes.
This is a challenging trek with several high passes. The campsites are at high elevations and will be below freezing at night. It is essential to be properly acclimatized for this hike. If you plan to participate in the 10 day Machu Picchu trip prior to this trek, you will already be acclimated. If you just want to join us for the Ausangte trek, you will need to spend at least three days in Cusco (or equivalent altitude) before starting. We can help arrange your early arrival and even recommend some fantastic day hikes and tours to help you acclimate preior to our trek.
Highlights: pristine wilderness, snow-capped peaks, turquoise lakes, glaciers, herds of llamas, alpacas, and wild vicuña, chinchillas, maybe even a rare condor. Hot springs the last night on trail!
Distance: 41 miles
Duration: 5 days/4 nights
Altitude: 10,827 ft to 17,700 ft
Adventure Rating: 5/5 moderate to strenuous, lengthy, high altitude
Solitude Rating: 5/5 quiet, remote, off the beaten track
Location/Terrain: multiple high passes, rocky terrain, cold nights
This is a great add-on to the 10-day Machu Picchu trip!
Upon registration, you will have access to our group opage for this trek which will have all of the trip information including paperwork, gear lists, itineraries, etc.
Cost: $1,300 due Feb 1st, 2024
A $400 non-refundable deposit can be made to secure your spot.
- All airport transfers
- Camping at the hot springs
- Hotel stay on the day of arrival
- Private transport to start of the trek
- Personal porter to carry your overnight gear up to 8 kg/17.6 lbs
- Dry bag for your overnight gear so it won’t get wet or dusty along the trail
- 3-person, 4-season tents (2 people in large, comfortable tent)
- One inch thick foam mattress pad
- Self-inflating Alps Mountaineering mattress pad
- Wool blanket, pillow, hot water bottle for your feet at night
- Dining tent with tables and stools
- Toilet tent with toilet and toilet paper
- Professional NOW Outdoors guide
- Full meals on trek (3 meals per day, tea time every afternoon, and snacks on the trail)
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank and emergency horse
- Chef, cooking equipment, and kitchen tent
- Horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food, cooking equipment, and your duffel bags)
- Hot water every morning and evening for hand washing
- Boiled water to fill your water bottle every morning and afternoon
- Entrance to the Ausangate/Rainbow trail
- Private transport back to your hotel in Cusco
- International flights
- Travel/rescue insurance
- Dinner on the last day
- Personal items
- Tips for your guides, porters, and trek staff are optional but highly encouraged if you enjoy your trek
If you would like more information, email us at email@example.com.
Deposit$400.00+$10.00 service fee